As you go through the process of choosing a roofer, be sure you ask these four questions. This will ensure you choose the best roofing company in your area.
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured?
- If not licensed, they can’t pull the permits necessary to do the work on your home. If they aren’t insured, they have nothing to back up mistakes that may be made due to their negligence.
- Do you have workers comp insurance?
- If they don’t have workers comp insurance and there’s an injury on the job, you might be on the hook. As the homeowner, your insurance company could hold you liable. If the answer is “no,” to this question, proceed with caution!
- Will you help me pay my deductible?
- In some states, it can be against the law for roofers to pay, wave, or otherwise discount your deductible. If you ask a roofer to help pay your deductible and they say, “sure, we can do that,” make sure you check your state’s laws regarding them doing so – be cautious about roofers who say they can help with the deductible if its not allowed in your state.
- Do you have a satisfaction guarantee/workmanship warranty?
- If the roofer does a poor job, will you have any recourse? If they really screw something up or they’re doing things wrong, are you stuck with having to give them money under the threat that they’re gonna file a mechanic’s lien on your property, or send you to collections? Yikes! If there’s a major issue that, you want to be sure that you’re going to get your money back or the problem resolved in an adequate manner.
- These 4 questions are essential to choosing the right roofing company. Do you have other questions that you think need to be asked? Let us know! Eagle Restoration wants every homeowner to make an informed decision when they are shopping for the best roofing company.